Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time trailer

"Yo, Darth Vader. What is this - some kind of movie set?"

This 1991 film is ENTIRELY enjoyable to watch (I caught it a LOT back in the mid-90s on TBS) and echoes the Masters of the Universe film's plot of injecting the main warrior character into then-present-day Earth to fight bad guys and bump against modern technology.

Features the dad from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, the weird bald guy from the mutant gang in Weird Science, Sarah Douglas (seen in Return of Swamp Thing, Return of the Living Dead 3, played the villain from Meatballs 4...), and a bunch of other people you'll recognize.

Here's the trailer:



And here's Bill Wray's "I Want to be a Hero" song from the end of the film. I like to brush my teeth while this plays. The film's soundtrack is RAD.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Wings Hauser as the bad guy in this movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, he's in a movie called, no shit, "Death Street, USA."

    UGH.

    I used to think he was a Keach. You're right, though, he owns that villain role, even with that patch of leather on his face. Or whatever.

    ReplyDelete